Mission: To equip high school students in ways that will allow them to reach their full God given potential through relationship restoration and academic credit recovery
Vision: Rise Above seeks to come along side students in ways which enable them to build strong secure relationships that will in turn help the students learn healthy and appropriate emotional responses
This role will facilitate the classroom environment. This is done be first building a trusting relationship with each student. This position will provide and implement a strategy for academic success and support each student to reach their goal. This role is an integral part of Rise Above’s efforts to ensure that each student returns to their school on track to graduate with their cohort.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Be willing to work 40 hours per week
· Facilitate classroom learning through online curriculum and book work
· Supervise volunteer tutors
· Classroom management
· Guide students through the learning process
· Report on learning outcomes
· Work with the Student Success Advisor to create an Individual Academic Plan
· Maintain goals for student work completion
· Teach a Life Skills class twice a week
· Assist in coordination of students’ work with their school of record
· Maintain frequent communication with the ED, Student Success Advisor and Counselor regarding student academic progress and behavioral concerns
A cover letter expressing your interest in joining our faith-based non-profit and a resume highlighting your experience can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.